In partnership with
Stage 1 of production was completed in December 2014, and preparation is now underway for Stage 2. We will be returning to Bangladesh to film the Birangona women and gather the main material for the documentary.
To complete stages 2 and 3, we urgently need to raise £45,000. This £45,000 includes the costs of:
Travel to and from Bangladesh as well as within Bangladesh, accommodation and basic requirements for all 8 film crew members;
Camera and sound equipment purchase/hire;
Editing suite and studio hire;
Musical score construction;
Insurance and licensing requirements etc.
All costs have been kept to a minimum with all crew members either volunteering their time and skills, or receiving minimal rates.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
1. Attend one of our upcoming fundraising events such as our Rising Silence Cake Sale or our photography exhibition - coming soon!
2. Donate right now via Paypal, citing “Birangona”, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to donate via BACS transfer.
3. Raise awareness and funds by putting a collection tin in your home, office or school – every penny really does count!
4. Hold a fundraising event with friends – from dinner parties to bake-offs to film nights.
5. Be sponsored on our behalf for a sporting event.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN
Aside from the knowledge that you have contributed to filming an important part of history, the name of every single contributor (aged +18) will be automatically entered into a draw for one of the following prizes:
1. Dinner with Leesa Gazi (actress), Onjali Rauf (CEO of Making Herstory) and Filiz Ozcan (Producer).
2. Free tickets to the opening night of Birangona: Women of War photography exhibition (Dates TBC ).
3. Free tickets to see Birangona: Women of War theatre performance on date of your choice (dates of upcoming shows TBC).
4. A seat at the London premiere of the film Rising Silence in 2016.
5. A chance to accompany Leesa Gazi and Onjali Rauf to Bangladesh to meet the Birangona and lay a memorial plaque (2016-2017).